Beehouse #2 Dripper
Brew Style: Filter Drip
Materials: Beehouse ceramic cone, #2 Melitta style filters
Time Commitment:About 3-4 minutes
Prep/focused interaction- about 1 minute
Brew time- 2-3 minutes
Clean up- less than 30 seconds
Flavor/Texture: Clean, medium to light bodied. Good for any coffee origin or roast style.
Our Brew Process
Grind Setting- auto drip
Coffee Dose- 27g
Water Temp- Just off boil
Water Dose- 385g
1. grind coffee and heat water.
2. Rinse filter and preheat device over 12oz mug or carafe. Dump preheat water
3. Dose coffee into filter and bloom using just enough water to saturate grounds. Wait 30 seconds.
4. Continue adding water in a circular motion concentrating on the center first and spiraling out to no more than a centimeter from the edges. Keep water level no higher than about a centimeter from the top of the device. Maintain these levels until desired water dose is achieved and let drain.
5. Lift out and throw away filter. Enjoy
Review- The Beehouse dripper is based on the Melitta truncated cone design, but manufactured in Japan. While there are many versions of this style on the market, I have come to prefer the Beehouse, both for home use and in a cafe setting.
First, the thick ceramic walls insulate temperature after a good preheat, ensuring thermal stability throughout the brewing process. Second, the 2 small holes in the bottom of the cone help regulate the water flow through the coffee during the brew process. The result? Consistent delicious coffee.
A few years ago I was testing different drippers for use in a retail environment and was blown away by the consistency I experienced with the Beehouse over the other drippers in play. While taste was the primary deciding factor, I also employed a refractometer to test the consistency of TDS results and found this dripper to be in the lead by a landslide, regardless of changes in preparation method.
Whether you are considering a device for home use or are a professional in search of a brew method for your manual brew program, the Beehouse makes a great and balanced cup and is simple to use and clean up.
Buy it- if you want a reliable device that produces a clean and balanced cup of coffee, regardless of origin or roast profile.
Don’t Buy it– if you are looking for a heavier bodied cup of coffee. If this is what you are looking for check out the Sowden or a French Press.